This Man Found a Dead Cockroach in His M&M’s Chocolate Bar

This Man Found a Dead Cockroach in His M&M’s Chocolate Bar

  • A man from Melbourne, Australia was indulging in the chocolate and filled with disgust after he found a dead cockroach inside.
  • He reached out to the company regarding the issue but received no response.
  • Kyle Rosewarne warns the consumers to check the chocolate before eating it.

A lot of people love chocolates for its rich and creamy taste, which also helps in boosting a person’s energy. Due to a high demand for this sweet treat, a lot of companies took the opportunity and made various chocolates which made the consumers extremely delighted.

However, chocolates don’t lift up someone’s mood sometimes. In this case, the chocolate was the very reason why this man was angered.

Kyle Rosewarne, a resident of Melbourne, was enjoying his chocolate bar and had four bites of it before finding an “extra” ingredient after opening the back wrapper.

Photo: Kyle Rosewarne / Daily Mail

He immediately escalated the incident to M&M’s Australia, asking them to call him several times already, but didn’t even ring him once.

Rosewarne decided to vent his anger on the company’s social media account, and when his post was starting to gain attention, the company finally had the courage to reach out to him.

Photo: Kyle Rosewarne / Daily Mail

M&M’s Australia gave him a “standard corporate apology” and offered him a $20-$30 Coles or Woolworths voucher – which Rosewarne didn’t accept.

It’s not only a health problem, it is a serious ecological concern as well,” he shared. “They’re making these in China, so this is more than likely a Chinese cockroach, which could cause serious problems if this isn’t the only one.”

And finally, the chocolate company’s spokesperson gave their statement regarding the issue: “We immediately contacted him to request the product and also worked with an entomologist to conduct a preliminary review to determine the insect’s species and origin. This review has found the insect did not enter the packaging prior to being shipped from our manufacturing facility, as this species does not occur in the region where the product was manufactured,” they added. “Given each block of chocolate we manufacture undergoes 31 quality checks and safety tests, and microbiological testing before it is packaged and shipped, it is extremely likely it entered the product packaging after it was opened.’

The company’s response just made Rosewarne more furious than he already was. “If it went in after I ate the initial four pieces then when I went to have more, don’t you think it would have crawled out as soon as I picked it up?” he asked. “Why would the thing be dead then?”

Photo: Kyle Rosewarne / Daily Mail

Rosewarne said that he will reach out to the Health Department regarding this matter. He believes that the cockroach probably got in since it made in China.

In conclusion, it is best to check the overall appearance of whatever foodstuff that consumers will buy in market to prevent any similar issues and to ensure the safety of the general public.

What do you think? Did the cockroach got in during the production process or did Rosewarne simply put the insect inside the bar?

About author

Reese Barcelon
Reese Barcelon 160 posts

Reese was an online novelist way back 2011. She began her voyage with a pen and paper in hand, which advanced into a laptop after some time. Living in a fictional world with the books she read and dramas she watched gave her solace and became her happy pill.

Loading...

Comments