10 Things You Should Know About “Seklusyon”
A horror thriller directed by Erik Matti, the film revolves around the story of an old ritual done by the church where deacons or aspiring priests are sent in a secluded area on the last seven days of their training. The purpose of this seclusion is to shield them from evil.
Starring Ronnie Alonte, Rhed Bustamante, Phoebe Walker and Dominic Roque the film promises to give every movie goers the chills, shrills and screams of a Christmas horror movie.
But before going to the cinemas on December 25th, it may be good to know 10 things about the Erik Matti’s “Seklusyon.”
1. “Seklusyon” was first screened at the Macau International Film Festival. Before it got to be shown in the country, the film was already screened in Macau for the 1st Macau International Film Festival.
2. It is Ronnie Alonte’s other MMFF entry aside from “Vince & Kath & James.” Newcomer Ronnie Alonte can be tagged as the busiest star of the MMFF 2016 as he stars in 2 official entries.
3. The film is set in the 1940s specifically 1947.
4. “Seklusyon” got praise from Holywood magazine. After its screening at the Macau International Film Fest, the movie was given rave reviews by a Hollywood Magazine.
5. It was graded B by the Cinema Evaluation Board.
6. This is Erik Matti’s 2nd “real” horror film after “Pasiyam” in 2004. While he made previous horror films like the “Aswang Chronicles,” “Pasiyam” and “Seklusyon” according to Matti are his 2 real horror films to date.
7. No special effects was used in the film. Matti revealed there were no computer generated effects used in the film because we want movie goers to film the real horror in it.
8. This is Matti’s 3rd MMFF entry following last year’s “Honor Thy Father” and 2014’s “Kubot: The Aswang Chronicles 2.”
9. It was inspired by true story. According to Erik Matti, the film was inspired by a story of one of his writers.
10. “Seklusyon’s” lead actress is a childstar, Rhed Bustamante. “Seklusyon’s” director said although Nora Aunor and Eugene Domingo are already tagged as front runners for the Best Actress award, he said child star Rhed Bustamante could give the 2 run for their money as a dark horse choice.
“Seklusyon” will be shown in cinemas on December 25 as part of this years 2016 Metro Manila Film Festival.