EPIC URBAN MASTERPIECE: Art Students Revamp An Electrical Tower into a Stained Glass Lighthouse
Who would have thought that these guys will give birth to such idea? Well, no one did. But they do.
Hattingen, Germany – Year 2010, three art students from Klasse Löbbert in Germany thought of transforming a boring electrical tower into something epic. As you can see, they’ve mustered up great minds as they conceived these concepts and gave birth to it.
Giving their work the title of Leuchtturm (Lighthouse), art students Ail Hwang, Hae-Ryan Jeong and Chung-Ki Park used cut triangles of Acryglas to take off the similar function of a traditional stained-glass artwork to transform the regular tower into an epic urban masterpiece.
Some more photos please:
- Jobson, C. Art Students Transform an Electrical Tower into a Stained Glass Lighthouse. (2014, July 2). Retrieved from http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/07/stained-glass-electrical-tower/.
- Hwang, A. Leuchtturm. (2010) Retrieved from http://www.klasseloebbert.de/index.php?article_id=427.
- Photos retrieved from http://www.guenter-pilger.de/
- Wengeler, C. StreetArt in Germany. (2013, May 1). Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/StreetArtGermany/photos/a.433471723330403.107033.213775278633383/601020893242151/?type=1&permPage=1.
- Gurke, A. Retrieved from http://www.panoramio.com/photo/94348847.