15 Finalists of 2014 Himig Handog Pinoy Pop (P-POP) Love Songs
After several months of screening more than 6,000 original compositions from Filipino songwriters worldwide, ABS-CBN announces the 15 song finalists for the much-awaited “Himig Handog Pinoy Pop (P-POP) Love Songs 2014.”
Now on its 6th year, the country’s biggest multimedia songwriting competition chose the following entries as finalists:
- “Akin Ka Na Lang” by Francis Louis Salazar from Quezon City
- “Bumabalik ang Nagdaan” by Sarah Jane Gandia from Los Angeles, California
- “Dito” by Raizo Brent Chabeldin and Biv De Vera from Metro Manila
- “Everything Takes Time” by Hazel Faith Dela Cruz from Sampaloc, Manila
- “Halik sa Hangin” by David Dimaguila from Cainta, Rizal
- “Hanggang Kailan” by Jose Joel Mendoza from Mandaluyong
- “If You Don’t Want to Fall” by Jude Gitamondoc from Cebu
- “Mahal Kita Pero” by Melchora Mabilog from Laguna
- “Mahal Ko o Mahal Ako” by Edwin Marollano from Muntinlupa City
- “Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako” by Jovinor Tan from Quezon City
- “Pumapag-Ibig” by Jungee Marcelo from Pasig City
- “Seven Minutes” by Mary Grace Gabor from Taguig City
- “Simpleng Tulad Mo” by Meljohn Magno from Laguna
- “Umiiyak ang Puso” by Rolando Azor from San Juan
- “Walang Basagan ng Trip” by Eric De Leon from Malabon.
Last year, the song “Ano’ng Nangyari Sa Ating Dalawa” written by Jovinor Tan (one of the songwriter finalists this year) and interpreted by Aiza Seguerra won first place. “Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat,” written by Jungee Marcelo (another songwriter in the roster this year), and interpreted by Daniel Padilla, got four out of five special awards, including Star Records Buyer’s Choice, Tambayan 101.9 Listener’s Choice, MOR Listener’s Choice, and MYX Choice For Best Video.
“Himig Handog P-POP Love Songs 2014” continues to search for exceptional musical talents with endearing and uniquely “Pinoy” love songs that transcend generations and stand out in the world like some of today’s OPM classic love songs popularized through “Himig Handog.” These include “Hanggang,” interpreted by Wency Cornejo; “Kung Ako Na Lang Sana” by Bituin Escalante; “Kung Ako Ba S’ya” by Piolo Pascual; “Bye Bye Na,” by Rico Blanco; and “This Guy’s In Love With You Pare” by Chito Miranda.
For more information about “Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs,” visit Star Records’ Facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/starrecordsphil or follow @starrecordsph on Twitter.